Friday, August 20, 2010

Still reading Reading Lolita in Tehran in Japan

So, it's been about five months, and I'm still reading Reading Lolita in Tehran. I normally read MUCH faster. This must be a new record for me. It's not my kind of book. I find it incredibly slow and uninteresting. However, I am determined to finish it. I am about ten pages from the end, so I'll get there!
Part of the problem is that I have been either too busy or too tired to do much reading anyway. When I go up to Tokyo or Yokohama by myself, I read on the train. That's about it. Still, I came across a line today that I really liked. Without even being able to identify this myself, I think this was a large fear about coming to Japan. This fear hasn't resolved. In fact, if anything, it may be coming true.

You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place... like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way again.

1 comment:

  1. I miss the people I love, the person I was, and am always struggling to find the person I am now..

    ReplyDelete